Saturday 17 May 2014

Watercolour flowers

I've been enjoying an online watercolour class. It's been fun and I've been trying some new techniques. 

I'm sharing this at Less is More -week 172 -the challenge is Flowers, and I'll place it into the student gallery at the online watercolour class. 


I've used Distress Inks and some masking and tried to utilise the ideas I've seen in the videos for the class.

The image is from Flourishes Stamps-Zinnias, and the sentiment is from Clearly Besotted-Pretty Petals. 

I'm not so happy with how the leaves look really but as it's a first effort, I hope to improve as I practice.

Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

  1. I think this is great, the vase looks awesome too... lots of depth!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's some impressive watercoloring Julie and I adore what you've done with the card background. Thanks for taking part
    Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this stamp but there`s no way could I have watercoloured it like this. Fabulous!
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie what stunning watercolouring, fab creation!
    Thank you for your LIM entry
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty image and your colouring looks fabulous! Lovely card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flowers & card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for stopping in to see me, Julie! I must say I truly love your card! That is a stunning card base color and texture to set off your pretty bouquet! Your vase and shadowing are perfect, too! The whole card is very good!! Do you know that I am STILL stuck on Day Five with lots of other stuff getting in the way of my resuming? Sigh. One of these days I will have to just stop everything and get back to it. I loved what I saw of the first half and know from other blogs that I'll love the second half, too. Did you finish it? Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, and great watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete